This professional development opportunity is research-based and designed to enhance classroom strategies for closing the achievement gaps for ELL students. Attendees will be eligible for up to 10 professional development points. The conference will provide participants with the following training:
- Strategies to support ELL learning and achievement within a standards-based curriculum framework
- Instructional tools and techniques for differentiated instruction
- Key strategies to advocate for ELL students
- Techniques for collaborating with ELL teachers
- An understanding of the academic language demands of standards-based lessons
The TEA ELL Conference is open to members and non-members of the association. The trainings will be applicable for teachers of grades K-12.