For more information and credentials, contact Jessica Holmes.
Article IX, Section 1, of the TEA Bylaws sets forth the following delegate election requirements:
- Each affiliated local association shall be entitled to one delegate for each twenty-five active members of the Association or major fraction thereof.
- No individual may serve as a delegate or vote for the election of a delegate until membership dues to the Association for the current membership year have been paid or authorized through payroll deduction or an alternate dues payment plan approved by the Board of Directors.
- Affiliates shall insure that ethnic minority delegates are elected at least in proportion to the ethnic minority membership of the affiliate.
- Affiliates must elect classroom teachers and administrators as delegates in proportion to the membership of classroom teachers and administrators for members of the affiliate to be eligible to be delegates. If an affiliate is unable to elect classroom teacher delegates in sufficient numbers to fill the classroom teacher delegate positions for which it is eligible, the remaining teacher delegate positions may be filled by administrator candidates, on the ballot, who were excluded because the number of administrator candidates exceeded the affiliate’s administrator delegate allotment.
- The executive director of the Association shall issue delegate credentials to any eligible active member of the Association who shall be designated by the president and secretary of the member’s affiliated local association as having been elected a delegate by the membership of that local association.
Any deviation from these Bylaws requirements can result in a challenge to the seating of the delegates.
Open to TEA-RA Delegates