The jobs section provides descriptions and applications for any TEA employment opportunities that may be available and links to other job opportunities in the education field.
Jobs with TEA:
Manager of Membership, Marketing and External Relations: Open until filled
The Tennessee Education Association (TEA) is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Manager of Membership, Marketing and External Relations. The candidate who fills this position will be responsible for managing TEA’s membership department, which includes membership administration, dues obligations, oversight of membership databases, and dues conversion campaigns; developing and implementing membership recruitment campaigns and retention programs at the national, state, and local affiliate levels; developing and building relationships with external stakeholders across various organizations to promote TEA and assist in strengthening TEA’s organizational image; developing and implementing marketing plans that will serve to enhance the Association’s visibility and standing among educators and the community at large; developing and supporting the production of promotional ideas, materials and tools to track and assess member recruitment; assisting regional staff and affiliates with making membership-related recommendations; and supporting affiliates with membership growth activities. In this managerial leadership position candidates must be willing to travel across the state and be available to work evenings and weekends. This manager will need to reside in or near the Nashville area and must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in marketing, business administration, or public relations); Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in managing databases, preferably in a membership organization.
- Advanced skills in the use of MS-Office (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook) tools, uutilizing data software and third-party systems.
- Experience managing a staff.
- Experience managing organization-wide projects.
- Marketing experience with the ability to optimize effective marketing programs using a variety of toolsets.
- A high level of strategic planning.
- A diversified background in leading projects and have a presence/reputation that makes others want to work with them.
- Ability to develop productive and sustained relationships with diverse groups and individuals within an organization as well as outside partners and vendors.
The position requires initiative, self-motivation, and administrative competence. Ability to speak and write with professional skill and authority is essential. The individual must possess sufficient physical and emotional stamina to spend long hours - nights and weekends, as necessary - helping to resolve controversial situations. The candidate must be able to travel and support staff and local affiliates across TN and attend national meetings when necessary. Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, vendors and consultants to develop engagement strategies that lead to membership growth is essential.
- Experience in public relations.
- A flexible approach for enabling organizational change and an aptitude for problem-solving along with the capacity to successfully engage with members and affiliates.
- Commitment to the principle of progress through collective action and use the position to support efforts to strengthen the organization’s membership and mission.
- The general qualifications required of a TEA manager, including a high degree of intelligence, integrity, creativity, leadership ability, and positive attitude.
- Experience in fund raising and development.
- Experience with volunteer management, recruitment and retention, or equivalent.
- Experience in coordinating organizing campaigns.
- Certification or proficiency in Project Management.
- Successful experience working in a non-profit and/or non-profit advocacy environment.
- Considerable knowledge of non-profits and/or TN public schools and colleges.
- Familiarity with standard procedures in budgeting, financial management, personnel management, and collective bargaining.
- The ability to contribute to the management decision-making process.
- Experience influencing others outside of direct reports.
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to use data to drive improvement, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
Benefits and Compensation
TEA is prepared to offer a generous and competitive salary (commensurate with experience and qualifications). Excellent fringe benefits package including full family health insurance; dental, vision and life insurance; retirement and leave package.
Candidates who wish to apply may do so by submitting an application and resume to Executive Director, Terrance J. Gibson by emailing Jessica Holmes. Questions about the application process may be sent to Jessica Holmes or the applicant can call TEA and ask for Jessica Holmes at 615-242-8392.
TEA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, members of ethnic minority groups and adults with disabilities to apply.
NEA Affiliate Job Postings
Please click here to view job postings with NEA.
Please click here to view job postings with other NEA state affiliates.
Jobs for Professional Educators: