The jobs section provides descriptions and applications for any TEA employment opportunities that may be available and links to other job opportunities in the education field.
Jobs with TEA:
Closing Date: June 10, 2019
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Full family health insurance; Dental and Vision Insurance; Retirement and Leave Package
The field manager is a member of the Tennessee Education Association (TEA) management team and will report to the Executive Director. The scope of responsibilities will include but not be limited to managing and coordinating the field services and organizing efforts of assigned staff teams as well as working with the TEA management team to advance the goals of TEA. The person filling this position will be responsible for managing staff assigned to West and Middle Tennessee and will need to live in either West or Middle Tennessee near those they manage.
Desired Basic Qualifications:
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to prioritize work, complete tasks in a timely manner, and think creatively; experience in leading and/or managing teams and projects
- Strong personal attributes: proactive, empathetic, passionate, articulate, good listener, excellent time management skills, creative “big picture” thinker
- Team player; ability to build relationships with staff, teachers, other educators, school administrators and community partners
- Experience in working with a member organization in service and field organizing; including an understanding and knowledge of employee representation
- Knowledge of negotiation and legislative processes
- Demonstrated initiative in gathering information through use of various media and communications with experts
- Skill and experience in organizing data for presentations; effective written and oral communication skills necessary for presentations and training
- Skill and/or experience in overseeing the development and use of research and data needed for campaigns and other Association programs
- Experience and skills needed to participate, develop and direct an effective political, community or association campaign; understanding of effective campaign strategies
- Ability to organize around issues, including motivation and mobilization of volunteers
- Ability to provide advice and direction regarding professional growth to staff under his/her management
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to demonstrate successful experience and/or skill in management
- Please send a letter of interest, a resume, and at least three references to TEA Executive Director Carolyn Crowder by emailing Jessica Holmes.
- All applicants must also complete a TEA employment application. Applications may be completed and submitted online or faxed to the attention of Jessica Holmes at 615-242-8964.
Questions about the application process or a detailed job description can be requested to Jessica Holmes, or the applicant can call TEA and ask for Jessica Holmes at 615-242-8392.
The Tennessee Education Association (TEA) is seeking applicants to fill the position of UniServ Associate.
The primary responsibility of the associate’s assignment will be supporting the UniServ and Field Organizing staff of TEA. The individual filling the position will need to reside in the Nashville area. The closing date for applications is June 18, 2019. Applications, letters of interest, and resume should be sent to Executive Director Carolyn Crowder by emailing Jessica Holmes at email@example.com. Please complete a job application and review the detailed job description.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- A working knowledge of computer systems such as Outlook and other products typically used with desktop computers
- Ability to lift and carry materials required for distribution or shipping that may be up to 30 - 40 lbs
- Availability to work some weekend days
We are also looking for candidates that have a history of
- Working successfully in a team environment
- Demonstrating the ability to multitask while filling requests from multiple parties
- Exhibiting follow through on projects
- Demonstrating positive customer service skills
- Demonstrating consistency and reliability
The salary for the position will be based on the salary schedule contained in the current TEA Agreement. Applications and hard copies of the job description may also be requested by emailing Jessica Holmes.
TEA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, members of ethnic minority groups and adults with disabilities to apply.
NEA Affiliate Job Postings
Please click here to view job postings with NEA.
Please click here to view job postings with other NEA state affiliates.
Jobs for Professional Educators: